Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Getting braces

In Janurary 2016, my orthodontist fitted my mouth with an expander to make the roof of my mouth wider. It made a big gap between my front two teeth and made me self conscious!! It was also very difficult to talk. They eventually got taken out as my teeth were becoming too wide set!



Gap between my front teeth-it got bigger!
In about may 2016, I got fitted with upper train tracks and then lower ones were added a month later. I had two bottom teeth taken out to make room. The braces actually made my overbite worse as my bottom teeth were brought backwards. I couldn't really shut my mouth at all, didn't like a lot of photos because of my teeth and definitely wouldn't let anyone film me talking! My final overbite was 14mm! (not great for the self esteem)

Nearing my surgery date my orthodontist fitted special hooks onto my braces - for the elastic bands to fit on afterwards.




Gummy smile!

Massive overbite!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly 2 years post-op!

17th January 2020 Sorry for the late update (only a whole year). Not too much has changed in terms of teeth. I went back to my orth...