Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Day 4 and 5 post-op

Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th April
On monday (yesterday) I woke up with a very yellow chin and neck! I seem to have skipped the other bruising colours and gone straight to the final stage! Yesterday I managed to eat shepherds pie with the mince blended, and some prune juice, which was my first proper meal😀 I also had soup for lunch and a Fortisip for breakfast. As well as mouthwash, i've started to be able to brush my teeth (kind of) with a small children's brush.

Today (24th), I went back to the hospital for a follow up appointment. It was my first trip out the house since I came back- I was quite self conscious and mostly covered my chin(s) with ice packs! I saw my surgeon and orthodontist and both thought all was looking good😊. My orthodontist changed the elastics as i'm not able to change the back ones and said that the yellow colour will probably spread down to my stomach. He said my teeth looked nice and clean, before proceeding to find a piece of potato! He also said that I should get my braces off in 12 weeks time😍. I'm really excited that I finally have a chin and my teeth are matching up! It's weird smiling with my mouth closed (and even being able to shut my mouth properly) as i haven't been able to do that since I was about 12.

I've started laying off the codeine as it was making me very tired and, particularly today, the pain has started to settle a bit so i've just been using ice packs. I do take a codeine before bed though. I'm also still numb in my cheeks, bottom lip and chin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly 2 years post-op!

17th January 2020 Sorry for the late update (only a whole year). Not too much has changed in terms of teeth. I went back to my orth...