Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Day 2 and 3 post-op

Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd April
Apart from some very weird dreams I slept pretty well the night of day 1 post-op. I took a codeine tablet before I went to sleep which helped I think. Throughout the second day I had two more codeine tablets and used a lot of ice packs! I managed to eat mashed banana, mashed potato and some smoothies, as well as a Fortisip (I recommend these). Eating is quite tricky when your bottom lip and chin are completely numb and drinking leads to a lot of dribbling!
My cousin came to visit and we watched netflix, which was nice. The swelling became a bit worse and my whole face felt tingly and heavy, but it was manageable.

Day 3 post-op was pretty similar, with more Netflix watching and Fortisips! I made the mistake of watching a comedy series- not a good idea when it hurts to laugh!!
Sitting upright in bed all night is pretty uncomfortable so I found my neck travel pillow which really helped.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly 2 years post-op!

17th January 2020 Sorry for the late update (only a whole year). Not too much has changed in terms of teeth. I went back to my orth...